Current Job Opening: Executive Assistant
The Center for Adolescent Studies, Inc. is an interdisciplinary training institute located in Oakland, CA that offers both online and in-person professional development and continuing education for professionals working with youth on the topics of trauma-informed care, relationship-building, mindfulness, and substance abuse. These include mental health professionals, addiction workers, education administrators and teachers, probation personnel, and other youth workers. Dr. Sam Himelstein, a public speaker, professional trainer, and psychotherapist is the sole owner and CEO of the Center for Adolescent Studies. He is passionate about improving the lives of youth and their families by providing top-notch training to the adults who work with them. Dr. Himelstein is recruiting a part-time (with the potential for full-time) Executive Assistant to take over many of the administrative duties of the Center for Adolescent Studies. The Center for Adolescent Studies’s core values include (both in our trainings and in our collaborative work environment):
- Interpersonal attunement
- Reflective listening
- Compassion and empathy
- Skillful communication and self-disclosure
- Trauma-informed, culturally humble, and anti-racist/anti-sexist pedagogy
- Commitment to personal growth
Dr. Himelstein is currently seeking applications for a motivated, highly organized Executive Assistant who will provide him and the organization direct administrative support. If you have experience supporting executives, are highly organized, and passionate about working with a youth-serving organization, please read on!
This is a 20-hr per week role (with the potential to go full-time) that provides administrative support to Dr. Himelstein and the Center for Adolescent Studies generally. This position is primarily remote with some in-person hours required per month. The ideal candidate would live in the San Francisco (SF) Bay Area and be willing to travel to our Oakland office 2-4 times per month for in-person meetings, and work generally within the standard business hours of 9AM – 5PM (some evening/weekend work may be required).
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay two steps ahead of Dr. Himelstein as CEO, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for Dr. Himelstein to make his greatest contribution to the Center for Adolescent Studies via new content (course and training) creation. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to Dr. Himelstein by anticipating his needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing him to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of the Center for Adolescent Studies in order to reach the greatest social impact and revenue goals. While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on Dr. Himelstein’s needs and the needs of the Center for Adolescent Studies generally. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of Dr. Himelstein and the Center for Adolescent Studies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting management, including preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing action items
- Email management, including managing incoming email to the Center for Adolescent about online courses and Dr. Himelstein’s personal professional email
- Complex calendar management, including Dr. Himelstein’s speaking schedule, online course schedule, and non-confidential aspects of his psychotherapy schedule
- Varying professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, etc.
- Light social media management across multiple platforms
- Light online course/in-person seminar management, i.e., responding to student emails, helping students reset their passwords, general customer support, etc.
- Aiding in the development of business relationships with school districts, mental health departments, and other agencies looking for professional trainers, public speakers, and training resources
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Submitting and tracking invoices to vendors
- Supporting strategic planning of the company
- Participate in professional development related to the general scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1+ years supporting executives administratively
- Stellar time management skills.
- Daily access (during the work week) to high-speed internet and a working computer/laptop to use for work.
- An interest in providing administrative support for an youth-serving organization.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Affinity for technology and willingness to learn new technological skills
- Exemplary social media management experience; managing campaigns across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with high-level project management
- 2-5 years experience supporting executives
$25/hr with clearly structured raise schedule
- Fill out the application below
- Upload your CV / Resume in the appropriate area below (PDF uploads only please).
- Upload a cover letter in the appropriate area below (PDF uploads only please). In your cover letter please address the four areas in the following order, numbered 1-4:
- Please review both http://centerforadolescentstudies.com and https://samhimelstein.com and write about why you think you’re a good fit for this job and particularly to provide executive administrative support for the Center for Adolescent Studies, Inc. and Dr. Himelstein (Please keep this to 1-2 short paragraphs).
- Please describe any experience you’ve had supporting executives, team leaders, and/or managing projects (1-2 paragraphs).
- Please describe what you believe to be the greatest strengths of a dependable Executive Assistant and how you’ve utilized such skills in past jobs (1-2 paragraphs).
- Please add anything else about yourself, professionally or personally, that you feel is necessary to know in evaluating your application (1 paragraph maximum).
Please note: The Center for Adolescent Studies, Inc. serves professionals that work with children, teens, and families from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We endeavor to have a team that reflects both the adults we train and the youth they serve, so we encourage people of color and LGBTQ professionals to apply.