Continuing Education and Professional Development

The Center for Adolescent Studies has a number of continuing education (CE) and professional development (PD) approvals and will be obtaining more for a number of different professional disciplines. We are dedicated to offering high-quality training and getting you your CE and PD requirements. Feel to contact us if you have any questions regarding your eligibility to get CE/PD.

Current Continuing Education (CE) Credentials

The Center for Adolescent Studies Inc., is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education (CE) for psychologists. The Center for Adolescent Studies Inc., maintains responsibility for all programs and their content. Note: some programs may not be appropriate for post-doctoral education of psychologists and such programs/courses are not eligible for CE for psychologists. Courses for which this applies will be clearly marked.

The Center for Adolescent Studies Inc., is approved (provider 4988) to offer CEs to LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPS, LPCCs, and any other professional license governed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.


The BBS recently notified all providers that they will no longer be credentialing new providers to offer CE to their licensees. Starting in January of 2015, licensees of the BBS will be able to obtain CE credit from other sources such as APA approved sponsors and other agencies. What this means for BBS licensees getting trained via the Center for Adolescent Studies? Since we are approved as an APA sponsor, you will be eligible to be awarded CE for all qualifying programs.

Near-Future CE/PD Applications

Don’t see the necessary professional development or continuing education credentials so you can get CE/PD Credit? Not to worry. CAS will be applying for the following professional groups very soon:

  • Social Workers
  • Certified Counselors
  • Substance Abuse Counselors
  • California Nurses
  • State and Community Corrections (Probation Officers and Juvenile Institutional Officers/Juvenile Hall staff)


If you have a request, need a specific accommodation, or need to write about a grievance please proceed to the requests page.